Sunday, July 02, 2006

New Word

My new favorite word........'stinkery'.
My neice Riley loves to tell everyone (every 5 minutes) that she left a stinker, even when she didn't. So.......we're sitting at the Kessel's enjoying some grub and she didn't want her last piece of something on her plate and I asked if she was done and she looked at me in the most serious manner and says 'yes, that one is stinkery'. I just about died laughing. She used it as an adjective! She kills me.

After the grub fest and a few drinks, I got roped into playing badminton in the wet grass. I announced the following rules as I walked onto the court: "I'm not running and I'm not diving for anything." We still kicked ass. As I said to Mike, "just because I'm skinny and lazy doesn't mean I can't play badminton".
After the win I attempted to leave the court and little Gussy (5'5") makes me play a second game. Me and Mike vs. Don and Steve. I thought it was never going to end. They beat us up pretty good. Good game guys!

The funniest match was the skinny guys (Mike and Don) vs. the fat guys (Steve and Uncle John). It was a good match but I think the teams may have been slightly unbalanced.

I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger dk said...

Wow! I'm actually thrilled that you now credit me with 5'5". Perhaps with a few more years of work I can finally convince you I'm 5'8". The tape measure doesn't lie.

I was quite impressed by your athleticism and dexterity. Not bad for a middle-aged desk jockey.

Thanks for coming to the shin-dig.

9:42 AM

 
Blogger He to the B said...

We checked the wall markings today 5'6 1/2". Maybe Erin can get you a stretching rack for Christmas?

11:27 PM

 
Blogger dk said...

That wall must have settled an inch or two.

9:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home