Sunday, June 18, 2006

Lions and Tigers and TOADS oh Gross!

As many of you know.......I hate toads. I hate frogs. Whatever we have out here I hate them. They are gross, ugly and they hop. 3 strikes.
Anyway......today I'm outside enjoying the 95 degree humidity by pulling weeds, trimming, and spraying RoundUp and I come across a vicious 2 inch long toad. Ugly. He's hiding under my garden hose, within inches of the garage door. So........I start screaming, running into the garage all the while trying to watch to make sure he doesn't enter the garage (because THAT would be traumatic!). So I call Wendy. Wendy is experienced at toad removal from the Hebe's gardens.
I know it's Father's Day and I know she and her Dad are having lunch, but COME ON, I'm having a serious emergency! So I call her and ask her if she will come over and get rid of the toad. Of course, she does. I grab a ski pole......yes a ski pole and she moves him a little. She's all set to just move him and let him go on his own and I say "NO WAY!" He's not going to leave me!
So I grab a bucket, somehow she gets him in the bucket with the ski pole, dangles the bucket on the end of the pole and takes him down to the woods and lets him go. Job well done. She's the best. I owe her! Next time she runs over a snake with the riding mower I will be there for her!

After the trauma........I decided to go swimming. I headed over to my brothers and hung out with Riley in the pool for hours on end. She wore me out. I pulled her all over the place, thew the ball (from the deep end of course) and ran around like crazy for 3 hours. I'm whooped. Then we had steaks, lamb chops, burgers, dogs, grilled veggies, fruit, macaroni salad, brownies, shrimp, you name it, we ate it. Pop-Pop, Susan, Mimi, Bop and Mike joined us for the Father's Day festivities. Shortly after eating I made a quick exit before I fell asleep right then and there.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there! I hope you enjoyed your day!

1 Comments:

Blogger He to the B said...

Just wait until my toad growing experiment in the window wells takes hold. Ginormous!

8:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home