Sunday, February 05, 2006

Thank You Steelers!!!!!!

Phew.......they won! I'm guaranteed at least 2 happy people at work tomorrow! One of the VIP's is off tomorrow to recouperate from today's festivities, but the other 2 will be happy! Thank the maker!
I'm not into football, but apparently it was a decent game. I did watch the entire first half. Mike & I went to the Creelmans. Chowed on some excellent ribs and twice baked potatoes (kudos to Chef Grover for those!), chips & salsa, mixed some drinks, broke the blender. Yep- Matt put me in charge of the blender and I busted the thing on the first round of drinks. Their blender has (or I should say HAD) this silly flimsy rubbery lid. So I mix everything in, slap the lid on and hold it with my hand and turn on. As it's blending......I feel the hard clear plastic round thing in the middle of the lid slipping downward, right into the blender....ggrrccchhhh.......weird noises as I'm holding my hand over the hole in the top and getting Margarita stuff all over the place. Mike turns off the blender and yep, that round plastic thing is now in several pieces, all chewed up in our Margaritas! So.........we get a strainer........there's NO WAY we are wasting a pitcher of Margaritas!.........we pour them into a strainer to get out the sharp pieces of plastic that are in them and darn they were good- plastic and all! I'm going to have to find a replacement piece for that lid. Sorry folks!
So I was fired from blender duty right away and was then forced to watch the entire first half. I think that was the most I've ever watched of a football game. Loved the commercials too.
Two beers and some margarita's later........we took off for home during halftime because I was ready to get into my 'comfortable clothes' and get horizontal.
Game's over, I can go to bed knowing tomorrow won't be excrutiatingly horrible, just slightly horrible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home