Thursday, December 22, 2005

"Joy to the World"

Merry Christmas everyone! Yep- it's Christmas and I'm sayin' it! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I must relay this story because I have not laughed this hard since the 'incident' in Las Vegas a year ago.

Friends and I went to Tokyo Diner for lunch today (YES we were back within the allotted 1 hour time frame too). Me, Kristen, Cindy and Roxanne met Kristen & Cindy's hubs there for lunch. After lunch, the girls and I get into Rox's car to head back to work. We are all wound up, laughing, having fun, sitting in traffic on Simpson Ferry Road. There was a guy walking in the snow by the side of the road, trapsing through knee deep snow to get to a clearing to cross the street. Me......being in the Christmas spirit and acting like a total nut........puts the window down in the car, sticks my head out and started singing "Joy to the World" as loud as possible. By this time the girls were hysterical so I only got 4 words out and busted out laughing. Traffic started to move slowly so we inched up and i looked in the rear view mirror at the guy (thinking he'd be laughing) and I catch him giving me the universal hand jesture for "go jack off". I WAS PISSED! I mean livid. How dare? Does he know who he's dealing with? 4 chicks in a car! He's crazy. So of course i'm putting the windows down yelling (we are far enough away that he couldn't hear by this point) "Merry F'ing Christmas to you too you LOSER"....."Didn't you ever hear of holiday cheer??" I couldn't believe it. As we inched up the street, we saw him go into a check cashing joint. I wanted Rox to pull in but there was so much mayhem (laughing, tears all over the place, screaming) in the car that we didn't make the turn.

So....we turn the corner, I pull out my phone and leave a message for the hub. (in 10 seconds i blurted out the whole story then told him to have a good day) The girls were hysterical. Then there was the burp and one of the girls bladder leaked..OOPS! Well I look over at our esteemed driver and there's NO WAY she could see. There were tears of laughter rolling down the cheeks, onto the shirt. Hilarious. Then it got quiet for about 4 seconds then we errupted into laugher all over again. The whole way back to work. When we got out of the car, I looked at everyone and seriously it looked like we just came from a funeral. Red Eyes. Wet faces. What a hoot.

This was definitely one of the most hilarious lunches I've ever had. After the week we all had, this was a welcome surprise. I'm not even sure we knew what we were laughing about but it sure was funny!

Take care everyone! I hope you soon find yourselves laughing until you cry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home