Sunday, January 29, 2006

On the way to Cape May....

I don't know how we did it, but we did it. We successfully packed the Jeep with 3 days worth of stuff for 3 girls and a 36 inch television. Needless to say, I could not see out the back window, and poor Michele in the back seat couldn't move enough to get her seatbelt on during the trip down. Cindy packed enough scrapbooking stuff that Michele and I could have brought nothing but our pictures and just used Cindy's stuff and wouldn't have put a dent in it. She had 4 bags of supplies, Michele had 3 and I had 2. Then there were pillows, an inflatable bed, food, alcohol, the laptop, and the television. I really could have used a nail file but there was NO ROOM!

We got to Cape May about 9:30, unpacked, relaxed and had a few drinks. Buttery nipples. Yum. Michele never had them before but she sure liked them! Off to bed around 1am, up at 8 (ugh) and off to the Hotel by 9:45. We sat with 4 girls from Connecticut who were an absolute riot. It was like having a mirror beside us because they acted the same exact way we did. We laughed for about 15 hours and called it quits at 1am. Here are a few quotes:

Kelly from Connecticut pretending she's still on the phone with her 11 year old: "Tell your father he's a dickhead".......we roared because we thought she actually said it to him! She didn't.

Me talking to Michele about the Buttery Nipples we drank the night before: "I almost died when you called them Fuzzy Nipples when we were in bed last night." (Imagine hearing that from complete strangers! Mass hysteria broke out.)

Saturday we scrapped from 10am till 2am. Once 11 o'clock rolled around and we started drinking Mud Slides and bottles of wine I was pretty much done. I had a great massage at 9:30 so I was nice and relaxed. We packed up around 2, said our goodbyes, paid our bills from shopping and went back to the condo. Off to sleep around 3 and slept a little past 10am today.
On the way home we stopped at the Rio Grande Diner for an awesome breakfast (at 12:30). We all were craving eggs! It was delicious!! There was a little rain on the way home but I pulled in the garage by 5, safe and sound.

I'm soooooooooo tired! All that laughing really took it out of me!

3 Comments:

Blogger dk said...

Thanks for updating this thing so I don't have to look at those funky toes anymore.

9:19 PM

 
Blogger Jackie Brown said...

Oh, not to worry, I took my shoesies and socksies off and put the adorable feet in the sand this weekend and snapped some photos. I will be sending you one in your Valentine's card!

9:51 PM

 
Blogger dk said...

Lucky me. Can't wait for that.

10:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home