Saturday, December 10, 2005

Adventures In Babysitting.....

My two nieces, Maggie (two and a half) and Riley (four) came over for a slumber party. This was the first time they've slept at my house. Mike's away so it's just us girls.

Maggie did a lot of talking about the 'stinkers' she was leaving. I don't know what she ate before she got here but she was leavin 'em like crazy! Of course, both of them go into mass hysteria every time she left one of these 'stinkers'. And they had to come running to me screaming "Aunt Amy, I left a stinker!!" like they just won the lottery or something!

We made pizza for dinner. They loved it. We put pepperoni on it and when Riley saw it she said she didn't like pepperoni, until she saw maggie eating them, then she was pulling them off of every piece and eating them.

After dinner we broke out the Karaoke Machine and sang. They love to hear themselves. They were singing "Olive the Other Reindeer"...yep, that's what they were calling it. They sang Jingle Bells a million times, then decided it was more fun to just cream each other's name in the microphones. Very cute!

We watched The Little Mermaid, then up to bed they went. No muss, no fuss. (They were asking me at 6 o'clock, 'Can we go to bed soon Aunt Amy??" They layed in bed and watched The Grinch, now they are watching Frosty and calling me to come up every 10 minutes for one thing or another- at least I'm getting some exercise! Riley keeps coming to the top of the steps and yelling down to me to tell me what's going on in the movie. Very funny!

Hopefully they will fall asleep soon so I can get some sleep too. I know they are going to be up early tomorrow, they have Breakfast With Santa in the morning.

Well......it's Sunday and they didn't fall alseep soon (see above). After laying in bed watching Frosty and The Grinch, it was the old "i don't fell good"...."nothings going to make me feel better unless I can come where you are" so of course I let them. We made a bed downstairs in front of the TV and they watched The Little Mermaid. Riley fell asleep around 10:45 and at 11 Maggie told me she was ready to go to bed. I carried them up, layed them down and they were once again wide awake. I layed in the bed with them for a little while and they finally fell asleep.
Then......2:45am came. Riley ran down the hall saying Maggie doesn't feel good. I went to see Maggie (who has a cold) and the poor little thing had 'green stuff' all over (snot!). I cleaned her up and layed with them for AN HOUR until they fell asleep.
Then.....6:30am came. Riley again ran down the hall and said "Aunt Amy is it time to get up and have french toast?" I looked at the clock and said "NO, come in here with me". She jumped in with me and we slept till 8.

I think I need a 5 hour nap.

1 Comments:

Blogger dk said...

When are you going to update this thing! Your fans want to know what's going on inside the mind of The Mrs Legend.

8:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home