Saturday, December 17, 2005

Ahhh......The Holidays are Here

What a great day. Mike and I actually went Christmas shopping together! We cleaned up too.
First stop...Holmes (because Mike doesn't go ANYWHERE without stopping at the shop first). Mike browed some book, wrote down some things he wants while I talked with Erin, Don & Steve. Then Mike went off to Cornerstone for Frappucino's so I could secretly buy some things for him and give his catalog order to Steve.

Off to the Capital City Mall we went. It was pretty crowded but nothing too crazy. We shopped for a while, ate some fantastic teryaki chicken at a Japanese place, shopped some more then escaped without injury. I only had to express my displeasure with one person today. I was in line (at the Koffee Grinder in the mall) behind 1 other person in a tiny store with 20 other people crowding around and it had to be 85 degrees in there. The bozo working in the store overlooks me waiting in line and waits on some guy just walking through the door. I know i'm 'vertically challenged', but come on, I had my "big girl" boots on and was standing there quietly for 10 minutes! So......after a different worker finished up with his customer he looks at me and says "ma'am is he helping you?" (pointing to the bozo who overlooked me) and I semi-nicely said "No, he's helping the guy who JUST walked in the door". It felt good to say that!

After the mall we made a trip to the Earth Craft Barn in Rossville, then home to primp for the Christmas parties we attended.

First party stop was Uncle John & Aunt Sandy's in New Cumberland. The house was decorated beautifully! They had a fire pit going out on the patio, hot cider, tons of food....it was nice. Got to see the nieces, Cal, Amy, Dad, Susan, John, Erin, Gus.....the whole family was there.

Mike and I took off around 7:15 or so to head over to Steph & Steves in Susquehanna Township. We hooked up with Royalty on the way in! Yep- Sir Daniel Bacon and his wonderful wife "Elizabeth" were pulling up just as we got out of the car. What a spread of food they had. It was awesome. Mike and I were in our glory! We visited with Steve & Steph and hung out with Scott & Allan who I work with. A few of Steve's friends were also brave enough to join us in the kitchen for a while. What a nice crowd of people. Steph has a huge family so she was pretty busy running around making everyone comfortable. It was a great time. I love the holidays!

Now it's back to 'business as usual' - me on my laptop in front of the Christmas tree, Mike up on the computer in the office and on the phone regarding a bike race for NEXT FALL! (I'm not even going to elaborate on that because it's completely INSANE that people are calling our house tonight about bike races that will be taking place 9 months from now!!!) Enough Said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home