Monday, September 18, 2006

I Survived Day 1

It has been a trip already.
Departed Mburg at Noon on Sunday, arrived at 2. Threw the luggage of 26 people into the lobby of the hotel and left for work. Worked until 9 then checked in.........and went to bed.

Monday- Up at 6, breakfast at 7, work at 7:30........on my feet until 5:30........sat in a meeting until 7:30. I'm dying! However......I must say, the Warrant Unit is a fascinating office to be working in. Everyone in there is in their black swat clothes with the mace and the guns on their belts. I was lucky enough to be ecsorted to Dunkin Donuts by one of the warrant officers and thank god i was. There is this crazy homeless lady who stands outside SCREAMING and preaching as you TRY to go around her. There are some colorful people in this building i'm in. I think when I came back from lunch there were about 60 or so people in line to get in.........these are all criminals coming to report for probation. VERY INTERESTING.
I also witnessed them brining in a lady they just arrested for something or other........she was not a happy person. Very loud. Then they found a knife in her purse. Lovely.
OH YEAH.........i was trying to find the steps and opened the 'womens holding cell' door by accident. The young lady at the desk beside me starts laughing and yells "AMY what are you doing?" I saw what was in the room and said "oops........i can't find the steps". They were dying. The room was empty but the bar across with the rings for them to cuff you to gave it away.

Day 1 down, 9 to go!

Gotta catch some Z's..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home