Sunday, March 19, 2006

St. Patty's Day in AC

Hope you all had a great St. Patrick's Day! I know at least 6 of us did!

I got to spend St. Patty's Day in Atlantic City with Royalty! Yes, you heard it, Royalty. Princess McCombs, the illegitimate daughter of the King of Zamibia, turned 40 on Friday so a group of us headed to AC to celebrate. Princess McCombs wore her diamond tiara all evening and toasted the occasion quite frequently. I taught Kevin and Rox how to play Pai Gow poker, Kevin cleaned up for a while and so did Rox. We all made out great playing that game, all except the nasty woman sitting next to Kevin who gets "Free" rooms at the Plaza because she comes there so often. (If she considers losing 400-500 bucks at Pai Gow a "free" room.......more power to her.)

We then went to the Liquid Bar and had shots and drinks. Then walked up to Ceasars where we played video poker for a while. Oh- then there was Skip Bo (or whatever Kevin kept calling it). This crazy game with 3 dice that the dealer shakes after you place your bet on whatever combination you think may come up. Let me tell you.......there was this TOTAL weirdo there telling us how to play (hello, there's no strategy involved here, you lay your bet, she rolls the dice and you either win or lose) and he did NOT like it because I was betting on 13 and 14 alot which had 1-8 and 1-10 odds and KEPT WINNING. He was pissed! He also had an issue with spitting when he talked which was really gross so we finished up and took off. Gross.

Then there was Johnchall..........I cannot elaborate on this but none the less, Johnchall was in the house!

At 2am Roxanne and I were starving so we walked back to Trump Plaza and hit the buffet. At 3 we landed in bed and by 3:05 the freight train was in full motion. I haven't heard such snoring since January of 2005 when I spent the weekend in Cape May with Cindy and Wendy! I tried waking her several times to roll over, which she did but 2 seconds later the train started right up again. Then there was this strange hissing sound, I thought for a moment there was a bike tire in the room that just sprang a leak. At one point I turned the light on in the room to try and rectify this horrible situation but she just rolled over and revved up her engine.........no sleep for me!

Saturday we ate lunch with Kevin and then Rox and I took off for the Borgata. After almost missing our turnoff and cutting from the left lane across the right lane and hitting the 45 degree angle exit at mock speed (being beeped at) ........we made it! The Borgata is beautiful! We walked around a little then sat at a bar and played video poker while sipping (well....i guzzled) down two FANTASTIC Bloody Mary's. After I had a nice little buzz we left for home.

I also learned a new trick this weekend! I can crawl from the front of Roxy's car to the back, open up the seat and get stuff out of the trunk all while she's screaming down the AC Expressway at mock speed, then back myself up into the passenger seat again. I first tried it on the way down while going rather slowly during traffic on the Schuylkill......once I mastered that, I tried it on the way home while on the AC Expressway.

Needless to say, when I arrived home Saturday aroundn 6:30pm, I was pooped and ready for some sleep, not just a 2 hour nap, but some REAL sleep. I managed to sleep for 10 hours! Mission accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home