Monday, February 04, 2008

2 Cities in 5 Days

Last week I trekked down to the city of brotherly love for drinks, Mexican food and Lenny Kravitz. (Here's where the three little letters come in...) W O W
He rocked the house. It was far better than I had anticipated. I was quite impressed!

I was also quite impressed with the 'coin toss' we won against a total stranger in order to grab pretty much the only taxi in the area in order to get back to the parking garage. Note: "Total stranger's" girlfriend was none to happy about this.

Oh, and our driver does a mean circle around city hall! Across four lanes of traffic, cutting of the big white caddy only to hear "I wonder how long Market Street has been one way that way??" I almost died. 90 years was my answer.

I did learn, that getting home at 2am and being at work by 8am is not as easy as it was when I was 22.

Friday I attended a 'party' of sorts at another friends house. The hostess did a great job of masking her drunkedness at just the right times.

Saturday I went to Baltimore for a friends birthday dinner. We ate at a FABULOUS joint called Ixia. Pretty swanky place. The food was superb and the comany was great. Happy Birthday dear friend!

Sunday............Chocolate Fest in Hershey. OH MY GOD.
Outstanding. I had 3 glasses of champagne and about 30 'chocolatey' appetizers/desserts/whatever they are called within an hour and a half. I was stuffed.
Needless to say........I needed to exercise so I took a nice vigorous 50 minute walk.

After my walk, I figured it was time to watch football and eat again. Homemade chili, salad, chips/salsa and various other snacks.........and beer. Yum.
Yeah, I know everyone is shocked that I said "watch football'', but I actually did watch most of the game. A friend who doesn't really love football either was there with me, so I chatted with her most of the time and read the paper, but I was in the same room as the game the entire time. That was a first for me! Oh! And I cheered like crazy when the Giants won! (Sorry Creel)

This week I get to baby sit the Satan sisters for an evening. That is always a great time! My little neices........too adorable.

Next week I'll update you with the latest Raging Waters stories, god knows there are enough of them over the past year or so. I've heard all about adult diapers, car appointments, kid appointments, weaseling her way into hair appointments, nail appointments, AND I think I even learned how to do nothing, look busy, get everyone else to do your work AND get the credit for it when it's good and have others take the blame when it's not good. She's an encyclopedia of information let me tell you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you trying to set a record for time elapsed between posts? WTF. Welcome back.

Regards,
Ordell Robbie

10:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home